WILLIAM L. MATSON
Phone: (703) 448-7605
Fax: (703) 448-8144
Bill has more than 35 years of experience in real estate and business law. He began his career with the firm as a trial lawyer handling contract, title, construction and commercial disputes. Clients increasingly requested his help in negotiating and drafting documents that would keep them out of court. As a result, his practice evolved in to one that since the mid-1980s has its focus in transactions that emphasize:
- Contract negotiations and drafting
- Real estate acquisition, development and financing
- Formation of business entities and agreements among the owners
- Business acquisitions and sales
- Transfers of interests in limited liability companies, partnerships and corporations
Bill has special expertise in representing owners/developers in the acquisition and financing of large residential real estate projects. He has extensive experience in negotiating and documenting:
- Land purchases and sales
- Partnership and joint venture agreements
- Construction and permanent financing
- Sales of apartment projects and hotels
Professional Memberships: the Virginia State Bar (former member of the Board of Governors, Construction Law Section) and the Fairfax Bar Association.
Education: Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia Juris Doctor, 1974.
College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, Bachelor of Arts, 1971.
content ©2012 MFMPC | Terms
and Conditions of Use |Home